Saturday, July 01, 2006

Lake Tawakoni State Park

Small park, but nice (though nothing like my two recent hikes in the piney woods). Lots of grassland (tallgrass prairie) and some trees (hot in the summer!).

We hiked the trails on the north end of the park, though we often left trail to walk along the shoreline, which our dogs loved. No one was around so they could happily run and play off-leash (I do love it when you can be off by yourself!). They have a nice swimming beach, too. Since the park is fairly close to our house, I hope to come back and walk the rest of the trails (or shoreline).

Recommended if you live nearby, but I wouldn't make a long trip for it!

See this site for park and trail information:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/lake_tawakoni/
I guess I missed the giant spiderweb (see site for cool picture)!


No comments: